To navigate this website, click on "MENU +" at the top of this page () for the drop down menu.
A message from Dr. Kindred Murillo, Superintendent/President, Santa Barbara City College
Congratulations on the choice you made to explore employment opportunities at Santa Barbara City College (College). As one of the top community colleges in the country we seek exceptional individuals who will contribute to the College’s vision and mission. With our commitment to the success of every student Santa Barbara City College has created a unique academic culture, which has been recognized with numerous accolades and awards.
We are committed to academic excellence, diversity, equity, antiracism, inclusion, and accessibility among our faculty, staff, and students. As a community, we believe that diversity comes in many forms. We understand that individuals are multidimensional, shaped by the intersections of a variety of life experiences and factors. We recognize and challenge the inequities that stem from the complex world in which we live and embrace the many facets of people that make up our wonderful College. And as a leader among community colleges we take pride in our ability to solve problems for the benefit of our students and the community.
We seek college employees who will take responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for our students. And, in return, we make every effort to make this a great place to work. If this appeals to you and you are ready to make the commitment we invite you to join our community and embrace our commitments and values.
申博菲律宾app Career Opportunities
When browsing through 申博菲律宾app's career opportunities some of the titles may seem unfamiliar. If this is the case you may find that the job duties and qualifications may match your experience and skill set.
Read job postings carefully. Ask:
- What are the major responsibilities?
- Does this job interest me?
- Am I qualified for this job?
- What career experiences have prepared me for this type of job?
- Is this job in a location I would consider working at?
- Do I meet the minimum qualifications?
Asking these question will give you an idea if the job vacancy is right for you.
To be considered for this position, a complete online application including all required application documents must be submitted via http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbcc by the application deadline. It is important that the online District Application form be complete and specific to fully indicate the education, experience and other qualifications of the applicant. "See Resume" is not acceptable.
To complete an application , please keep in mind:
- Each job posting has statement of qualifications we are seeking, both required and preferred. If a qualification is noted as required we cannot consider your application if you do not have the qualification. A common qualification is an academic degree or diploma (B.A, Ph.D., High School Diploma) or work experience that is equivalent to the degree required. Be sure in your resume, applications and/or cover letter you provide details of how you meet these minimum qualifications.
- Some jobs postings ask for certain number of years of related experience. Generally, this refers to paid work experience in a position using similar knowledge, skills, and abilities in a function or discipline that is similar to that of the position.
Job post closing dates
- Each job posting will either have a Closing Date or the statement "Open Until Filled"
- For a position with a Closing Date, the job will not be available in the system at midnight following that date (e.g. if the posting closes on October 30, It will be removed at midnight on October 31). If the posting says "Open Until Filled", the job will be continuously open until the position needs to be filled. We cannot accept applications after the closing date of a job posting.
- To give yourself time to complete the applications, provide requested document and references it is a good idea to apply before the final date.
- For more details on how to apply please follow this link http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbcc/helpandsupport/applicationguide
申博菲律宾app uses selection committee to fill vacant positions. This is to ensure that the recruitment process is equitable and includes diverse perspectives from the 申博菲律宾app community. The selection committee works together to screen interviews and recommend candidates to hiring managers.
Following the closing date applications are screened for minimum qualifications . Those candidates that meet minimum qualifications will be reviewed by the selection committee. Once it is determined which candidates will move forward to preliminary interviews an HR representative will call the candidate to schedule and interview. It is highly important your contact information is current in the application system.
If you are invited for an interview
- You will speak with an HR representative who will arrange an interview time and place.
- You should receive an email confirming your appointment. The mail will include time confirmation and location of interviews. If interviewing in person a map and parking instructions will be included.
- Typically you will meet with all the members of the Selection Committee as a group. They will ask a set of pre-prepared questions, and possibly follow-up questions. There should be an opportunity for you to ask questions as well.
- We ask that you stay in touch with the HR representative, and not speak directly with other Search Committee members outside the interview process. Search Committee members are expected to keep information about their process and about candidates strictly confidential.
- Finalists may be asked to participate in additional interviews, particularly with the hiring manager if he/she did not serve on the Search Committee.
After the initial interviews have been conducted, the committee will recommend the top candidates to the hiring manager for a final interview. The successful candidate’s name will then be presented to the Board of Trustees for final approval and authorization to hire.
Applicants who will not be considered further are notified by email when the reviews are complete. They can also view their applications and status on their online User Account.There is no guarantee of an interview, even for candidates who possess the minimum qualifications.
Some of the most common reasons candidates are not selected include:
- Candidate lacks the minimum qualifications as stated in the job posting
- Candidate’s response suggests he/she does not understand the position
- Candidate’s experience is in areas or disciplines other than the one(s) the College is seeking
- Candidate’s materials are not well written or organized, or some requested information is missing.
If you are not selected , we hope you will continue to look at 申博菲律宾app job vacancies that match your experiences and qualifications. There is no guarantee of an interview, even for candidates who possess the minimum qualifications.
The duration of our screening, interviewing and hiring process depends on many factors such as committee availability, number of applicants, and Board meetings.
Currently candidates will participate primarily in remote interviews and in some instances final interviews may be conducted in person while observing all health and safety protocols as approved by the Santa Barbara County Health Department.
Assistance, access and accommodation for the disabled
- Assistance with the online application process will be available on campus at the Human Resources office, Mondays through Thursdays, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, and Fridays 8:00 am - 12:30 pm, or by phone at (805) 965-0581, extension 2258.
- Public access computers are available on campus at the Library during normal business hours.
- Public access computers are also available at the public Library and some coffee shops.
- If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order
to apply or interview for a position with Santa Barbara City College, please contact
the Human Resources office at (805) 965-0581, extension 2258.
- Santa Barbara City College regrets that applicants cannot be reimbursed for expenses related to the application or interview process, including travel expenses.
- Request for remote interviews will be considered.
General Requirements (Upon Offer of Employment)
- Evidence of freedom from active tuberculosis; satisfactory fingerprint reports.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that the District obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
- Verification of college coursework or degrees earned may be required for certain positions.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources department at 805-965-0581, extension 2258.
For More Information
Support and Computer Access:
- Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources by phone at (805) 965-0581, extension 2258.
- Public access computers are available on campus at: the Library, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Public access computers are also available at public libraries, Fed Ex Kinko’s Stores, and some coffee shops.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities:
Santa Barbara City College is an equal opportunity employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, consistent with applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
If you are selected for an interview and need special services or facilities to participate in the interview, please contact Human Resources, 805-965-0581 ext 2258. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.